I will confess off the top: I am attempting to go to bed. And I still won’t be getting into the pinny pokies of the experience of yesterday’s acupuncture awesomeness tonight (poke me in the middle of my forehead for not keeping a promise, but as long as you use acupuncture needles and are a practitioner named Rose, I’m ok with that. I just know you gave up all your plans on a Friday night so you could sit in front of the computer waiting for my post–bwa ha hahahahahaha! I josh, I jest. Huzzah! “Merry, merry! Chortle chortle!” exclaims a brunette version of non-me–I couldn’t find a “fake red-headed woman that looked like me-ish throwing back her head in laughter” picture, so this will suffice as sentiment rather than doppelganger.
Let me give a summary of the weeks happenings (sorta kinda):
1. On Wednesday night I went to see a free documentary called “A Peaceable Kingdom: A Journey Home” at the Rio Theatre——Mega Aside approaching!!–(p.s. does anyone know, is the Rio protected under the historic sights thingy…because if we lose one more arts venue in Vancouver to condos or just because they feel like hollowing out a building to prove they can, I will lose my mind re: RIP Waldorf Productions and Hotel, W2 Cafe, and The Ridge–I will become very very verklempt–and try to meditate my way through the circumstance–oh, dear Buddha, let me find love in my heart for condo developers and money loving greed-lords, the arts disinterested real estate moguls…ohm, ohmmm…ARGH…I mean, um, no ohmmm…)
2. Back to the doc. I cried and shook and had to cover my eyes at times for the sheer terror and horror. I learned new things I didn’t realize and I left knowing I have to go vegan again. I must commit, I will do all that I can do to not falter. This lead me to a book at the library called the 30 day vegan cleanse. I am convinced I am going to be awesome and shiny and more compassionate and completely sane and free of irritation and will totally love myself and all others after these 30 days—at this, I must erupt in even heartier ha Ha hAAAAs! But, on a serious note, I am offering my body and mind and spirit this opportunity to continue the healing process. I offer my sorrow, sadness, compassion and love to all species including ourselves that suffer so terribly. Join me if this interests you in any way! I could use a buddy to keep me on track!
3. POKE pokE POke is another way into health that after one session has already helped. I won’t describe it here (sorry, i swear to goddesses and stuff, i will get there sometime this weekend). It was awesome. I felt odd/weird/good/soothed and….we’ll see what Sunday brings.
4. Tomorrow, in my continued quest for balance, sanity, health (a TALL order, y’all know if you’ve met me–or even just found one of my darker themed blogs), I will go to Zumba– a semi-weekly delight that is one of the best parts of my week, no matter how many times I look like a groovin’ fool. And after doing this for awhile, I still manage to muddle choreography I’ve done before. But it is a hoot for nannys and many more (get it, hoot-enanny!–t’is lame, je confess 🙂
5. After frantically but kindly tearing off my sweat-laden exercise wear, and re-cladding myself in clothes that will likely quickly become moist as I continue to “glisten” profusely– I will then depart from the studio where I go to Zumba (Axe Capoiera Studio Vancouver as seen above–please feel free to come with me–it’s fun). Even for rhythm challenged and those with a serious case of dualfootinitis. **I will ad a plug in for Tammy tomorrow, with updated info for my class. She is the bestest dance/exercise teacher I’ve ever had. Chill, friendly. Yeehaw to Tammy!!
6. My next move is to jam my hat onto my head to hide my dripping, clumpy, gross-producing factory called my head, introduce my beet-red face to the cool outdoors, and make a stealthy bee-line toward the “Organic Lives Cafe” located inside the fancy new schmansy upscale yoga studio— un-chi-chi me, high-end place, a union made in–hmm, not heaven, perhaps just somewhere nice on earth! I will wipe my own pool of liquid luminescence from the floor myself with my smelly workout towel! Fear not! Do not trouble yourselves in the least!
I will share with you my foodie adventures in this exciting though vaguely intimidating new venue! You may insert delicious pictures here with your mind, as something has gone wrong with the ones I tried to upload, and I must must must stop this dithery twirl and go to SLEEP (or SLEEO, as originally written in proof that i must unwind from hypo manic brain gymnastics). I bid you adieu and a “Happy, just do it!” to you and yours; the Dali Lama and nike, together at last!